Mentor Expectations And Responsibilities
The Jumpstart Program’s success depends on seasoned real estate professionals volunteering their time and providing their experience and insights to rookie developers who enter the program.
- Residential and commercial real estate development experience. We are seeking experienced developers who have developed at least ten properties.
- Understand most development process applications outlined in the Jumpstart Pottstown’s Workbook.
- Establish communication with your mentee within the first week after the mentoring session ends to introduce yourself.
- Determine realistic and attainable expectations for mentee and mentor and determine the best form(s) of communication.
- Maintain confidentiality with a mentee.
- Complete and return annual program evaluation for each mentee.
- Minimum 1-year commitment to the program.
- Seasoned Leadership capabilities.
- High personal moral and ethical standards.
- Share and support Jumpstart Pottstown’s mission.
- Be positive, honest, and approachable by developing a positive counseling relationship and a climate of open communication.
- Get to know the person you are mentoring on both a personal and professional level.
- Guide real estate development.
- Be respectful and supportive of your mentee.
- Be available by phone, email, and in person.
- Be sincere. Praise efforts as well as accomplishments.
- Help mentees identify problems and solutions.
- Be aware of the mentee’s progress.
- Provide feedback and advice.
- Be aware of the mentee’s strengths and areas of development.
- Share stories, including mistakes.
- Refer mentees to other business associates.
- Help expand your mentee’s relationship base.
- Respect confidentiality.
If this sounds exciting to you and you want to be a part of this program in Pottstown, please complete this form, and we will contact you with the next steps.